Monday, March 10, 2008

...a collaboration of noise

March 10, 2008 - 5:58 PM

Back on track. I have my music recording software back up and running so everything is back to normal.

Since it's release on Jan 29th of this year and me picking it up on Jan 30th there really hasn't been too many days where I have gone without listening to at least one track from Protest The Hero's latest album Fortress. This album is so incredibly filled with talent and just pure insanity. Personally, as with any of Protest's releases, a first listen through of the album will give you a testing the waters touch and leave you with the feeling asking "What the fuck just happened?" due to the shear complexity and intricateness of the music. The second time through you'll hear so much more that you missed the first time and again you'll be asking "What just happened?". Wash, rinse, repeat about 5 more times until you become familiar with each song and you'll be listening to straight up the most complex, intricate collaboration of sound you'll ever here produced by anyone in that age demographic. I speak the truth when I say it took me about 8 play throughs of the entire album to fully appreciate the musical story going on here.

So why do I bring up this what seems to be album review? I would pinpoint this album as the eye opening experience for me. This album made triggered the internal realization of where I want to go with music and what it is I hope it will bring me for myself or for anyone who happens to listen to my music. Since this album, without even attempting to learn anything contained within it, I found myself gradually trying techniques or structures within their music to enhance my musical ability. As a personal reflection I feel that I have come a long way since 2 months ago in writing and I hope that this exponential increase in musical awareness continues for a long time to come.

Also, Pat Clancy (former bandmate, Age of Discretion), gave me the heads up on a youtube video where our former band was mentioned by Stuart Aiken of These Silhouettes. I couldn't believe what I heard but props to Stuart on that one. Check the video here, around the 2:10 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTL88Dobghs&feature=related

And if you havn't heard of These Silhouettes before, definitely look them up on MySpace or whatver.

I plan on getting ahold of a multieffects pedal in a few days so I have a treat to post when I do get a hold of it.


NEW: I decided to give a "my musical inspirational song of the day" just for kicks. So, here it goes...fittingly...

SONG OF THE DAY: Protest The Hero - Bloodmeat


So, to the riff...

Here's a riff that I wrote yesterday with some time to kill before heading out. I was just improvising along and come up with this little guy. It's pretty much along the same lines as with the other stuff posted on here so far but it's a bit easier to play. There wasn't any particular influence here. Enjoi

March 10, 2008

No influence

ACOUSTIC GUITAR : Fender Classic Design CD140SCE

Name: ...a collaboration of noise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2brWC2IQgs
Title: March 10 2008

Copyright
© Robert Brezina 2008

No comments: