Saturday, March 8, 2008

...the eye of the storm

March 08, 2008 - 6:28 PM

Half a metre of snow expected this weekend. I can't even begin to comprehend that. I went on an adventure over to Nicole's house today and God must love me because he sent millions of ice pelleters flying in my face. Surviving that, I purpled my Queen's jacket and now my fingers are stained purple. It is the weirdest thing seeing that while watching your hands play guitar. And sure enough, God loved me on the way back home and sent the wind into my face again.

This snow storm weather is getting to me slowly. That and Kingston and is very stagnant so it's attributing me with a pretty mundane personality and overall unmotivated slightly bitter mood. Because of this I thought I'd throw some irony into todays posting.

Here is a riff that I wrote during the Christmas break of '07-'08. This came to me while I was just improvising and messing around while I had 15 minutes to kill before going out. My motivation for this was to completely forget all of the past music I had written since I started playing because those songs were more geared towards simplistic "love" songs which I have come to despise. Haha.

I am definitely focused on establishing my own sort of genre on acosutic. Something I personall have not heard yet. Take all the technicality and heavyness of a defining punk, rock, alternative genre band and all of those defining elements and apply to the acoustic guitar. It is already visible in what's been posted and it'll continue to be seen as time goes on. Anyways,

Question: What do you get when you are trying not to write a love ballad?

Answer: A love ballad. (A bit more technical though)

Here it is in all it's glory. ...the eye of the storm



March 08, 2008

The love ballad I came up with while trying not to write a love ballad.

ACOUSTIC GUITAR : Fender Classic Design CD140SCE

Name: ...the eye of the storm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p4jnPdPK8M
Title: March 08 2008

Copyright
© Robert Brezina 2008

No comments: