Tuesday, March 4, 2008

...the start of something new

March 04, 2008 - 12:45 PM

IDEA: Rif-A-Day

OBJECTIVE: To enhance my musical capabilities and to reflect on the various stepping stones I take there.

PROCESS: Record and display a riff a day along with various other musical insight I gain.

HISTORY:

2000 : First instrument learning; bass guitar
2002 - 2004 : Band; Age of Discretion; Great times, great guys, great learning process
2004 : Started learning the acoustic guitar
2004 - Present : Minimal learning of other artists songs over the years with a heavy focus on my own original compositions. Also, a few shows here and there both solo and with my partner in crime Justin Scherer.

Basically, my entire objective, as with any aspiring musician, is to achieve something with music either on a personal level, or a worldly known level. Everyone has their goal. The sole purpose of this, let's call it an "experiment" is to put into a visualization my progress as a musician.

From this point on and everyday forward I'm going to write and record a new riff, or record a riff I have created that I am still proud of and think partially reflects my musical ability at that point in time. The purpose of turning this into a blog is to indirectly form an audience and receive questions, comments, thoughts, or feelings; any sort of feedback.

The riffs will be posted up on my MySpace.com page if anyone wants to listen to them. The link will be posted each day.

I HAVE NEVER TAKEN A LESSON NOR LEARNED MUSIC FROM ANYONE EXCEPT FOR SELF TEACHING MYSELF SO I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE FOR ANY INCORRECT TERMINOLOGY.

That is basically the overall process in nut shell. ...Start



March 04, 2008

Something I wrote just before heading out to class today. No particular influence or process, just me messing around.

ACOUSTIC GUITAR : Fender Classic Design CD140SCE

Name: ...A start of something new

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88yfxMexc1I
Title: March 4 2008

Copyright © Robert Brezina 2008

No comments: